Saturday, April 30, 2011

Race for the Cure :-)

Good morning all!! Race for the Cure was this morning!!! It was a very exciting and nervous morning.

Thankfully, I had last night off. I went to judge some colorguard tryouts and then came back to relax. I knitted a little, did laundry, and overall tried to prepare myself for today.  I was up around 5:30. I had all my clothes out last night so all I would have to do is change and pull back my hair. I picked my friend up around 6:15 and we headed to where Race for the Cure was being held. I started to get super nervous when I saw all the competitive looking runners. Yikes!! Was my first thought. My second thought was, someone has to come in last place, right? I also started thinking about the shorts I was running in. I know, stupid. Stupid me decided to wear a different pair of shorts. Bad move!!

So, the race started and I knew right away it was going to be a "long" journey. I am no outdoor runner, as I think you all know by now. I decided it was going to be a jog/brisk walk type of journey, but no matter what I did I was going to finish. The most encouraging part was seeing the volunteers throughout the course cheering on everyone that was coming through. It really touched my heart. I also had to turn of the Pandora "Stevie Ray Vaughn" station I had going because it kept coming in and out, but when I turned on my playlist "Beautiful Day" came on a few songs later. :-)

The coolest part of all this is that the fundraising goal that was set was made!!! Thank you all so so much!! There was actually more than $250.00 given. Thank you again from the bottom of my heart. The second coolest thing, at least for me personally, is that I finished. :-) Here are a few pictures from the race. I kind of like blogging and keeping you all updated on the fitness portion and just the everyday happenings in my life, so I will probably keep posting if there are no objections. :-) You all have a fantastic day and thank you all again!!

Kirstie and Me before

Kirstie and Me after

Just me after

DONE!!! At least with this one. :-)
S.

No comments:

Post a Comment