Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Hey!!

Hey All!!

I finally got a new pair of running shoes!! Very exciting!! I would post a picture, but that would require a lot of steps and I am not quite willing to take the time right now. Sorry. They are lime green and purple. No, color was not the deciding factor in my choice of shoes. My favorite color is blue. They work nicely. I finally got to test them out this evening. Consider W4D1 down!! Woot woot! It was a bit tough, especially not running since last week, but it was mission accomplished! It was also a good day for lifting as well.

While the gym was a happy accomplish, my OAR (Naval Officer Test) was not quite as happy. I did bring my test score and line scores up, but I missed the cut off for Naval Flight Officer by 1 point. :-( Disappointing, but there are many opportunities that are available out there for me and the Navy is not over yet. I am still able to apply for Supply. Life could be a lot worse. I am blessed beyond believe. I had a great dinner and talk with a friend tonight and then had a great talk with my roommate when she made it home. I am not watching one of my all time favorite movies. . . SPACE CAMP!!!!!

A little bit more for the serious. . . A lot has changed for me over the past year. I feel like I have really grown as a person and I can say that I am happy how things are turning out, but my emotions and outlook are still swayed by the people I am close to. It is not that I do not care about what other people are feeling because I definitely care about how other people feel. If I could take away pain from other people and feel it for them I would in a heartbeat. I hate seeing people hurt, but. . . I have really learned that I cannot help people that do not want to help themselves. For me, in this moment, I am making the change to become a more positive person and to make things work for me. I know things will not always work out and things will get tough, but how I deal will build me as a person. So, in the words of Samuel Lover "Circumstances are the rulers of the weak; they are but the instruments of the wise."

I hope you all are having a great week so far!! Sorry for the kind of serious post. Going to clean, watch SPACE CAMP, and go to bed! After all, tomorrow is another day. ;-)

Love!
S.

No comments:

Post a Comment