Sunday, March 6, 2011

Health Topic: BMI

Diabetes, Stroke, Hypertension OH MY!!!!! Are you at risk for these things plus some other health risks? What is your BMI number?? Do you know??? If you do not, how come???? Now, a person's BMI or Body Mass Index is one tool that a person or doctor can use to determine body fatness. If you have a BMI above a 25 you are consider overweight and a BMI over 30 is obese. Ouch!! I know I have a ways to go, but I am determined to get into that healthy range.

Somethings can have an impact on your BMI. Your age, sex, and race can also have an impact on your BMI. Women tend to have more fat than men and athletes may have a slightly higher BMI due their muscle. So, while this post is not too long, I think it is important. The main gist. . . Know your BMI number! If you are not happy with it, come up with a plan to change it. Plan the Work. Work the Plan!!! My personal BMI is not where I want it to be or where it needs to be for me to be considered in a healthy range. What have I started to do to change that number? I am getting even more serious about working out and I got back on Weight Watchers. This is a lifestyle change and something that can impact the rest of my life and your life if you let it. Impact for the positive, of course!!

Promise, the health topics will get better from here on out. :-) Have a great Monday and I look forward to sharing with you all!! Goal for the week: No eating fast food!!! This can and will be done!! :-)

Sierra

No comments:

Post a Comment