Thursday, March 24, 2011

Oh my lands!!

Eureka!! It has been too long!! I apologize for taking awhile off. I assure you my absence does not come full circle for my workouts. I have been pretty much keeping up with those. I have not done my normal workout in the past few weeks, but I have been working out. To keep the post relatively short, I will just post about workouts this past week.

As most know, my loving father is in the military. I had convinced myself that going for a jog with him would not bad. HAHAHA!!! For a treadmill lover, it was kind of torture. I need to start running outside once I am back to get me better prepared for Race for the Cure in just a little over a month. It was some adventure! While jogging the entire way did not happen, just finishing it out and enjoying a little father/daughter time was great. I plan on coming back, plotting out a course around my area and hitting it on the streets. It kind of terrifies me, but I am also super excited. The next two mornings was spent on the elliptical at the gym in my dad's work building. I found it funny that the elliptical version of the Navy PRT was on the National Guard's new workout equipment. ;-) No other gym workout since being here. We did do the Zoo and we got out today and walked just a little in downtown DC.

As you can probably tell, I am on Spring Break right now in Washington DC and, as usual, loving every minute of it! I flew out last Friday and will being flying back on Sunday. :-( I have met some incredible people while I am here. It seems like each time I am here I am meeting new people and catching up with the "old" people. Do not get me wrong, I love you guys back home, but I feel as if I am finally forging my own path and that is just beyond exciting for me. I absolutely adore the wonderful people I have met here that have accepted me with open arms and talk with me like they have known me for years and accept me for me. I feel for me that many life lessons have been learned this week. Not just one thing, but many including. . . knitting!! Yes, get excited. ;-)

Well, I do not want to go to much further into life lesson details. I realize I am constantly talking about life lessons I have learned. Blah Blah Blah. Don't judge! :-) I am thoroughly enjoying lessons God is teaching me through others. I did get some rather disappointing Navy news this week, but I know that things will be okay and I need to trust and have patience that everything will work out and be fine. One more thing and the most important reason for this blog currently. . . Raising money for Race for the Cure. Get on and donate if you have not. The deadline is nearing and I would love to meet my pledge goal to help. Even if it is only $1. :-) Thanks everyone and I look forward to 1) Seeing my email flooded telling me people have donated and 2) updating you all again soon.

Loves!!

No comments:

Post a Comment