Monday, February 21, 2011

Failure?!?!

Week 4. . . Did not happen. . . Failure?? NO!!! Slight set back? Yes!! As I have recently posted, I have had some pain on the outside of my lower legs. Nothing major, but enough to really bother me during work-outs. I did not even think about my shoes. Duh!! I realized that the pain I am experiencing is similar to the pain I felt about a year ago before I got my running shoes. It was really starting to irritate considering not long ago I could go pound out at least a mile (I know. . .Wimpy for all you runners) without feeling anything major. Now, barely two minutes and I hurt. NOT COOL!!!! So, my goal this week is to redo week three and keep it nice and slow until I can get to Runners World to replace my running shoes. I expect that to be the cure all. I am also hoping to find a slimmer shoe. I am running in a Brooks GTS (I think it is GTS) and they are a bit bulky for me. I already have big feet. I do not need help. :-)

Overall, everything else is going well. School is school. :-/ Spring Break is very soon! I cannot wait! I will be heading back up to DC. My favorite place ever! I could never get tired of DC. I plan on going to oral arguments at the Supreme Court while I am there and possibly VA Beach! Yay Navy ships!!!

There was another donation towards the Ozark Race for the Cure. 29% down!! Yay!! Keep donating! It is a wonderful cause!

Signing off for now! I will end with a quote. . .I love quotes!!

“There are no failures - just experiences and your reactions to them.” -Tom Krause


Sierra

1 comment:

  1. Hey if you're looking for new shoes there is a place in Bentonville called Rush Running. They are awesome! They will put you on a treadmill and watch how you run and then recommend a few different shoes to you based on your running stability and some other things. Plus, everyone there is a runner and they can give you tips and workouts and what not. Check it out! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete