Friday, July 8, 2011

First leg of my trip :-)

First leg of my vacation

I type this while I am sitting on my first plane back home knowing that eventually I will copy this over to my blog, but I wanted to get it down while I am thinking about it all. 

This vacation overall has been probably the best one I have had in my 21 (almost 22) years of life. I first started the vacation flying out of my home base to Washington DC. For those of you who know, you know that this is honestly my favorite place to visit and now the rest of you know this too. This trip up was a bit different because we actually spent a good portion of the trip down in Virginia Beach. Up until now, I have never spent more than 24 hours in VA Beach and both other visits were during cold months and so i was not able to enjoy the beach, which was very disappointing. This leg of my vacation was only made better by the company I got to share it with. I love going out and doing many things during vacation, but honestly sometimes it is just nice to relax during vacation. There was plenty of downtime and I LOVED it!! The girls I am doing the half-marathon with in September and myself went down to the boardwalk bright and early Saturday morning and got in our 7 mile walk before it got too hot. It was wonderful having walking buddies and it was awesome walking along next to the ocean. :-) Sunday, we headed over to church and then I actually got a Sunday afternoon nap in for the first time since I cannot remember. (Yes, I am a mapper on Sunday afternoon, at least when I can.) Monday was another relaxing day filled with grocery shopping for grilling later that night and trying to cook on my part. ;-) Unfortunately, we headed back up to the DC area on Tuesday, but we did get to see a wonderful concert by the Navy Commodores at the Navy Memorial. I also was taught how to crochet on this trip. I am slowly working on a cowl at the moment. (Someone correct me if I am wrong on what I am trying to make.) I for the life of me cannot remember how to slip stitch the two together so I am stuck until I can get instruction. I also received an absolutely BEAUTIFUL blue flower quilt for graduation. There were also other gifts as well. :-) I love them all!!! I am one lucky girl!! After a very long drive up to Baltimore, only because there was a fugitive on the loose, and a great dinner and a little shopping with my wonderful dad I got on yet another plane to fly to the next leg of my vacation, SPACE CAMP!!!

This may need to be two post. Yes, in fact that is what I will do. I will finish out this post/note and write about Space Camp in the next. :-) Besides, my thumbs are getting tired as I am typing this on my 4G phone. ;-) 

S.

No comments:

Post a Comment