Tuesday, July 12, 2011

7 Weeks, 4 Days

That, my friends, is how long until the VA Beach Half Marathon!!! I am super duper excited. Training has been going great! I was going to start a different training program on the off days and only have Sunday off, but I have decided to just stick with my old cross train. So, this is what weeks will look like from now on.

Sunday: Rest Day
Monday: 45 minutes on the elliptical; full body weight training
Tuesday: allotted training miles; ab work
Wednesday: 45 minutes on the elliptical; full body weight training
Thursday: allotted training miles; ab work
Friday: 45 minutes on the elliptical; full body weight training
Saturday: allotted training miles; ab work

The food realm has pretty much sucked lately, to be very honest. Got to get back on the wagon. I did almost reach a nice goal on Monday. I have been trying to break 4 miles in 45 minutes, but I have not been able to. And before anyone calls that slow, I have the elliptical on an interval training program. I begin with the crosstrain on 4 and the resistance at 1, then it ramps up to a 10 on crosstrain and an 8 on resistance. I was with 7 seconds of reaching the goal. It is amazing how much more effective a workout can be while not reading a magazine. Not sure if I will hit that goal tomorrow. I sometimes feel the harder I push on the elliptical, the worse the top of my left knee right above the knee cap feels. No pain, no gain! Right?? :-)

Today has been a rather exciting and long day all wrapped into one. Some short term decisions have been made regarding the next few months and I am both thrilled and apprehensive about it all. I am excited about growing up and I cannot wait for this journey called life to continue. I also bought new knitting needles today for a new project and I have I think finally gotten the hang of the crochet project I have started. (After pulling out the yarn 3 different times.) Going to sign off here as I am fixing to be off work. Yeah!!

You all have a great few days and until next time! Much love!!

S.

No comments:

Post a Comment