Friday, July 15, 2011

Dreams

"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams." Eleanor Roosevelt

Now that I have officially talked to my mother I can post that in a few weeks I will be moving to Virginia. I will begin working on my Master's until I hear anything about the Navy or the other job that I have started the process with. I am feeling so very many different emotions right now. I feel too young to be graduated with an undergraduate degree (okay, almost) and already pursuing a graduate degree. I can remember when I was younger and I could not wait to grow up. I definitely do not want to slow down the process and I am not saying that growing up is hard. In this moment, even though my future the next few months is really uncertain, I am so excited!! I want to do something great with my life and at the end know that I have made a difference. Does that sound kind of egotistical?? In a weird sort of way, I honestly do not know exactly where I want to go in the future, as far as a career goes. I would love being selected to become a Naval Officer and serve my country like my father, grandfathers, and many special friends have. I would also love becoming a federal agent for a government agency. Both career paths offer many great things and I am in a wonderful position right now because I am young, single, and willing to go anywhere. Even though I do not have the same dream each evening or day, I still believe in the beauty of whatever and whichever dream of mine comes true.

6 miles tomorrow. I will let you all know how it goes. I am planning on getting up early again and going to do Lake Fayetteville again. I know this post had very little to do with training, but I hope you all enjoyed seeing another side of me. You all have a fantastic evening and wonderful Saturday. BTW, the crochet cowl I have been working on looks great!! I am so excited to see it turning out. :-)

S.

No comments:

Post a Comment