Saturday, July 9, 2011

Back to the 1/2 training :-)

PHEW!!! Boy am I glad that I got up early this morning and knocked those 8 mile walk training out of the way. It is H-O-T-T HOTT here this afternoon. I was tired after I got down, but could not have imagined if I had waited any longer. Currently weather.com is reporting it is 97 degrees, but it feels like 104 degrees. Humidity is only at 42% though.

This morning's walk was around Lake Fayetteville. There is an 4.25 mile paved path and then an 5.0 mile nature trail. I opted for the paved path. I somehow managed to miss the beginning of the path so ended up starting out at the mile 1 marker. Fastest mile ever! Haha, just kidding. This walk was different from others for a few reasons. This walk was only the second walk outside and this was the first walk with any type of elevation change, even if it was slight. Last weekend was walking along the boardwalk, so no real elevation change. I am finding out, slowly, how important it is to just get away from the treadmill and do the walking outside. Overall time. . . 2:18:38 for 8.03 miles. Not the best, but I am going to be spending more time outside from now on. overall, feeling pretty good. Went back after getting some groceries and a new scale (AWWW!!!) to take a shower and quick nap before work. Back to work after a wonderful vacation. Definitely time to get to busy with finishing up a few school things and getting to it with training. Just under 2 months now. Yeah!

Short, sweet, and to the point. Next blog, hopefully soon. Check out the other blogs from my vacation and Space Camp!! :-) Have a wonderful rest of the weekend!!

S.

No comments:

Post a Comment