Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Greetings from Virginia

You read correctly, I have finally made it to Virginia. I started the trek this way last Friday after taking my last University of Arkansas test and an exit interview with my boss from the past summer. I arrived late afternoon on Saturday. It was slow moving in and I have not quite finished putting up everything, but all the clothes are put away and you can at least see most of the floor. The drive up was not too bad, just really long! I made it to Knoxville the first evening and then got up early and headed out the next morning. After finally getting here we unpacked the way too filled car and headed out to my favorite Alexandria pub, Pat Troy's. Yummy!!

I have not done much in the way of getting out to see things. I honestly have not even made it into DC yet. Surprising, huh? It is a funny feeling knowing that for now, I am up here until something job wise happens. I do not think it has hit me yet that I am not going to go back to AR in a few days. Ask me in a few weeks how I feel. I am truly loving being here though. Sunday night, on the way to dinner, we passed the mall on the outskirts of DC and I was like, "No big, I live here now." I could have gone down to the mall anytime this week, but I have just stayed around the house. Tomorrow night, the STS-134 crew will be giving a presentation in Baltimore and we are planning on going. Friday, dad is giving a lecture up at Mount Vernon and I am going to go watch him and then head to VA Beach for the weekend. I would definitely not be able to do all this stuff back in OK/AR. The opportunities are just endless.

Workouts: I have restarted my jogging program. Started on Monday and will do the second day as soon as I get back to the house here in a bit. Yesterday, I took the bike out and rode while Dad ran. Should have made sure the seat was risen high enough and that back tire was full enough because my rear end is sore today. TMI? Oh well. ;-) I would love to find a YMCA around here to get back into weights. Side note: should have gone jogging/walking earlier. It is starting to ran heavier. Boo! :-/ I guess that means no concert on the Capitol steps tonight either.

Alright, out for now. Not the most engaging post, but a post none the less. More details next week when I actually will be doing stuff. Pray that the ran stops or it will be in the morning before I get a jog/walk in.

S.

No comments:

Post a Comment